{seasonal style} Sharing the Love with a Valentine's Banner Printable

In the past we have never had any Valentine decorations around the house. Some years it seems like I can barely get the Christmas decorations down by the end of January, so putting up more decorations for February seemed like too much work. But ever since we added some bright pink accents in our living room, Valentine's Day has been calling my name.  So this year I designed a cute banner to drape across a large painting that hangs in our entry/living room - pink of course!


One of my favorite ways to spend time with my little boys is giving them hugs and kisses! And since I know they won't always accept them so willing, I have to soak it up while I can! XOXOXO! That was the inspiration behind this hugs & kisses banner.


Each "X" and "O" also features the definition of love {repeated over and over}: LOVE [luhv] noun (1) A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. (2) a feeling of warm personal attachment towards a person.


I printed the banner on cardstock, cut out each piece, and used my two-hole punch to make evenly spaced holes along the top edge.


Then I simply weaved some black and white baker's twine through the holes and hung my banner up.




After I hung up this banner, I liked it so much that I decided to make another one for the kitchen. I wanted to mix things up a bit, though, so swapped out the pink for a white background, and then added some pretty red and pink washi tape to the top of each banner piece before punching the holes.




And since hugs and kisses are all about sharing your love, I want to send some virtual love you way by sharing this banner with all of you.


If you want to make your own version of this Valentine's Day banner, just download the file in your choice of color: pink, white or red.  Or print some of each and combine them together!

  

Print as many X and O pieces as you want and string them together on any kind of twine, ribbon or string that you want. As an alternative to punching holes to hang the banner, you could instead use mini clothespins to secure the banner pieces to a clear thread or a decorative ribbon. I like a clean, steamlined look, so one stripe of washi tape was all the embelishing I did, but if you want to further dress up this banner, you could consider adding other embelishments.  A layer of another color of paper or fabric behind each banner piece would be cute, maybe even burlap, which is really "in" right now and available in scrapbook sized sheets at Michaels.

Have fun personalizing this banner to make it your own, and I'd love to see what you come up with!


Linked up to: Home Stories A to Z Tutorials & Tips Link PartyHome Coming DIY'ers Link Party; Funky Polka Dot Giraffe Too Cute Tuesday; Nap Time Creations Link Inspire; Ladybug Blessings Handmade Tuesdays;  DIY Showoff That DIY Party; Coast Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday; Twelve O Eight Inspiration Monday; Uncommon Designs Monday Funday; and The Makers link party at Persia Lou.

Labels: , , , , ,