{link party} The Creative Circle: Week 2

I have to start today's post by thanking everyone who joined us to help Kathy and I kick off The Creative Circle last week! I had a wonderful time visiting every post that was linked up - they were all so inspiring and it was so hard to pick my favorites {but I had to...so keep reading to see my top three}!

This past week was full of some frustrations because I discovered that nearly all of the comments I was leaving on others' blogs were not being received. On some sites, my comments were being diverted to the spam folder, and on other sites they were literally just disappearing. After lots of headaches, I believe the issue is finally resolved, but I didn't have time to go back and re-comment on everything.... so please know that if you linked up last week and didn't hear from me, I did visit your projects and I am so thrilled that you are back to join us for week 2 of The Creative Circle! 


Bloggers, show us what you've got! We are eager to share your DIY, decor and design posts! Our favorites will be showcased at next week's party, via our social media platforms and pinned to numerous Pinterest group boards and to a special board for maximum exposure.

And readers, you've come to the right place, because today the blog is going to filled with endless home inspiration from all over blogland! Please stick around and check out some of the links at the end of this post {and when you do, tell them we sent you}.

Angela @ Blue i Style
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
Kathy @ Up to Date Interiors
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
Easy Valentine's Art Technique (fun for kids!) | Trim Molding Frames | Valentine's Gift Ideas

Modern Valentine's Crafts (with polymer clay) | Our Okinawan Rental | Kitchen and Living Room Update

Ok, enough about us... time to get on to my first ever set of link party features! I am so excited to show you my top three picks!

Notice a trend this week? There's a whole lotta gold goin' on! I didn't plan it that way, I swear. But there are just so many gorgeous gold projects out there that I couldn't help myself. 

And this is coming from the girl who insisted {in my own head, if not out loud} that I wasn't going to jump on the gold bandwagon and that it was a trend that I could do without. But I can now say that gold has officially won me over - and that is, in large part - because of amazing projects like these...

Let's start with these Leather Cuffed Glasses by Amy at Deliniate Your Dwelling. We don't entertain much these days with two toddlers in the house, but since the moment I saw these cuffed glasses I've been trying to think of an excuse to host a swanky affair! In the meantime, I might just have to make a cuff for my wrist, instead. {Amy also recently hosted the most adorable sprinkles themed birthday party for her daughter, so be sure to check that out when you pop over to check out the cuffed glass tutorial}.


Lighting is one of my biggest struggles because I have champagne taste on a boxed wine budget. Take the Hicks pendant light, for example. Chances are you've seen it everywhere from high end design magazines to your favorite blogs... but it's pricey! That's why I love this next feature so much! Brynne from The Gathered Home transformed a simple Ikea light into a Hicks look-alike, and the results are stunning!


I like to think that I have pretty good creative vision - the ability to see something, and envision what it could be. But seeing the before photo of the armoire that Katie of Upcycled Treasures just made over for her craft room ... well, I could have never imagined that broken and cobwebbed covered mess could be so beautiful! And we aren't just talking paint job here {although it is quite a paint job - hello, liquid gold!}, Katie's upcycle of this mid-century armoire also involved some reconstruction to repair it and to make the storage space more functional.


Be sure to also click over to Up to Date Interiors because Kathy is featuring her own set of top three picks! Were you featured over there?

If you were featured this week, we have a nifty button to add to your blog!
The Creative Circle


We can't wait to see what you've got for us this week!
Want to be featured?  Please follow these rules:

Link up to 3 posts (not your homepage) of your favorite creative posts about DIY, Decor, and Design (no recipes/food related posts) from your blog.

No repeats, giveaways, or etsy shops please!

Pin any of the above features or posts from their original source. 
(You must be linked to be featured.)


Grab the Creative Circle button and link back to the party.


Visit other links and tell them you stopped by!

Up to Date Interiors
We reserve the right to remove your link from the party if the rules aren't followed.
**Thanks SO much for linking up with us! By sharing your link at this party, you give your hostesses permission to use one or two of your images as features in future posts, roundups, and/or across social media {with proper credit and links directly back your post, of course}. By linking up you are also giving us permission to email you a weekly link party reminder.

Let's party!
An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: ,